IP Ceiling Speaker for SIP Endpoint Paging or Multicast Paging / Background Music, and Making Standard or Emergency SIP Calls
- General Details
- Technical Info
- Order Enquiry
The Viking model 40TB-IP Talk-Back Wall / Ceiling Speaker enables two-way conversations via SIP and also allows for standard paging and background music via multicast. The Talk-Back Ceiling Speaker system easily connects with a single CAT5/6 cable from your PoE switch. Its shallow depth allows the ceiling speaker to be conveniently mounted in a standard 2″ x 4″ stud wall or ceiling.
An auxiliary switch input allows a hard-wired wall button to initiate a SIP paging call. Alternately, an optional wireless remote call button can be used (Viking model BTR-3, sold separately). A momentary button press will initiate a standard call, and holding the button for 3 or more seconds will initiate an emergency call. The remote can also be used to adjust the paging ceiling speaker volume. The LED on the 40TB-IP can be programmed to blink when there is a call activity.
The integrated microphone enables talk-back and also monitors room noise to automatically increase ceiling speaker volume when necessary. Line-level audio output connections are provided for connecting to an external amplifier. A built-in 6 Watt class D amplifier with speaker output connections is also provided to directly drive additional analog 8 Ohm speakers.
A programmable relay output is provided for activating door locks, strobe lights, external amplifiers, etc.
- Amplified SIP endpoint or multicast IP paging for:
- retail stores
- office spaces, etc.
- Provide background music and sound masking
- Make standard and/or emergency SIP phone calls via hands free talkback speaker
- Background music and emergency calls for:
- elevator applications
- retail stores
- office spaces, etc.
- No room next to your door for mounting a Entry Phone? Mount the 40TB-IP in the ceiling above the door and use the existing door bell switch to activate a call.
- PoE powered (class 3, <13 Watts)
- Use with an optional BTR-3 wireless remote to activate calls or adjust speaker volume
- Paging prioritization
- Plays audio from multicast
- SIP endpoint or multicast group member
- Supports up to 10 multicast paging groups
- Add an optional SL-2 blue, green, red or amber strobe light (see DOD 242)
- Blue call status LED indicator
- SIP compliant (see product manual for list of compatible IP-PBX phone systems)
- Automatic Noise Canceling (ANC) feature for operation in noisy environments
- Viking’s proprietary VOX switching eliminates the need for “Push to Talk” mode
- Selectable auto-answer feature for monitoring
- Autoprovisioning via Viking programming software
- Built-in high efficiency 6 Watt class D amplifier
- Relay for activating door locks, strobe lights, external amplifiers, etc.
- SIP / Multicast: SIP page, SIP page and zoned multicast stream, zoned multicast receive
- Support for access code to prevent unwanted SIP calls
- Line-level audio output for connecting to an external amplifier
- Hangs up on: busy signal, time-out, or touch tone command
- Network remote speaker volume control
- Can drive additional external analog speakers for greater coverage
- Mounting: Blind mounts into 9.5″ hole, clearance requirement of 3.45″ (87.3mm) above 0.5″ gypsum board ceiling
- Heavy duty back box protects speaker and circuitry against plenum dust
- Automatic Gain Control (AGC) to automatically increase ring volume to compensate for ambient noise
- Diagnostics (for testing mic, speaker & relay)
- Power: PoE class 3 (<13 Watts)
- Overall Dimensions: 11″ x 11″ x 4″ (279mm x 279mm x 102mm)
- Back Box Dimensions: 9.25″ x 9.25″ x 3.45″ (235mm x 235mm x 88mm)
- Shipping Weight: 5.0 lbs (2.27 kg)
- Operating Temperature: -40°F to 140°F (-40°C to 60°C)
- Humidity: 5% to 95% non-condensing
- Audio Codecs: G711u, G722, and G711a (SIP only)
- Network Compliance: IEEE 802.3 af PoE, SIP 2.0 RFC3261, 100BASE-TX with auto cross over
- Sensitivity: 96dB / 1W / 1M SPL
- Maximum Output Level: 105 dB SPL @ 1M (with no additional speakers connected)
- Amplifier: 6 Watt class D (capable of driving up to five additional 8 Ohm speakers connected in parallel)
- Connections: (1) RJ45 10/100 Base-T, (8) cage clamp screw terminals on pluggable connector
- FCC Part 15